Simon and Garfunkel sang ‘Seasons change with the scenery’, but in the world of interiors, our scenery changes with the seasons.
As the temperature begins to drop and the sun starts sinking lower in the sky, we’re swapping our lightweight linen sheet sets for their woven woolly counterparts, our open toed slides for closed in (furry!) slippers, and our slip dresses for dressing gowns.
At AKD, we spend our days helping people to emotionally connect with their surrounding spaces by adding layers of warmth and texture in their homes. This is even more important as we begin to spend more time indoors, enjoying, entertaining in, and engaging with our interior spaces.
So, whether we’re adding layers to wear, to sit or to stand on, to breath or to bathe in, to have or to hold, or to simply snuggle under, we’ll be keeping warm and carrying on this winter - both in comfort and style!
1. Amour long sleeve & pants pyjamas with customisable monogramming is worth rushing home for, via Neue Blvd
2. The Cocolux Luna Smoked Onyx dark and moody scented candle is perfect for awakening the senses in any interior space, via Cocolux
4. The Pure Cashmere Stone Egg Blue Rug from Robyn Cosgrove does not lie, it is made from pure cashmere. We can't think of anything more luxurious to keep our tootsies warm underfoot in the cooler months, via Robyn Cosgrove
5. The soft, textured, knitted Ila Robe is far too elegant to be called an everyday robe, but I guarantee we will be wearing it every day! Via Eberjey
6. This chic Eldvarm Wood + Leather Basket is the perfect fireplace accessory for any designer home this Winter, via Top3
7. This stunning table lamp can be paired perfectly beside the womb chair for reading, the cylindrical form lends itself to a horizontal or vertical placement, via Articolo Lighting
8. The Husk Weave Rug is made from all natural fibres and a generous pile that feels lush underfoot, via Armadillo & Co
9. Winter. Obsession. via Matches Fashion
10. The Oversize Knitt Woollen Throw with its soft, chunky layers will wrap all the way around you like a great big hug, via Nickel N Co
11. How gorgeous are these handmade ceramic keep cups?! Ideal Winter warmers for coffee, hot chocolate or chai of your choice, via DEA Store
12. Make sure to restore your Winter skin with a fabulously indulgent day in, via To Wonderland Wellness Spa
13. You can never have too many throws and the Algrove is perfect for layering this Winter, via Sheridan
14. These leather mittens will be keeping the big kids warm and in style, available in Sydney Cos stores
15. The 'Brigette Blouse' and 'Alexandra Pant' make the perfect silk pyjama set by providing the right amount of luxury this season, via Maison du Soir